All employment applications must be completed online.
No applications will be accepted in person, by fax, email or mail.
Provider Positions at Rural Health Group may qualify for NHSC Scholarship or Loan Repayment. Click the logo below for more information.
Medical Assistant & Front Desk - RHG@HRMC
|Title:||Medical Assistant & Front Desk - RHG@HRMC|
|Location:||Halifax Regional Medical Center - Roanoke Rapids|
DescriptionMedical Assistant and Front Desk/Patient Accounts Specialist
Seeking one full-time employee to work both front and back at the new Rural Health Group family practice clinic located within the grounds of Halifax Regional Medical Center in Roanoke Rapids, NC. The purpose of this clinic is to expand access to care for the underserved in our community.
MA/FD will work at front desk to receive patients, verify insurance, collect patient payments and reconcile cash collections, enter patient data into electronic practice management system, etc. and will also assist RN Panel Manager in providing clinical assistance for medical provider.
Hours are Noon - 9:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
Hours are subject to change and may vary over time to include weekend hours.
Please Note: Only applicants who have training and experience with both front office operations and working on the floor to assist the medical provider will be considered.
The following clinical skills/experience are preferred:
- Equipment usage (EKG, clinitek, Hemoglobin)
- Good documentation skills
- Tracking and maintaining medical data
- Immunization (adult and pediatric)
- IV therapy
- Strong understanding of disease management for providing patient education at the direction of provider
- Basic computer skills for use with electronic health record
• Outpatient physician office experience preferred
• Certified MA strongly preferred
• Excellent organizational, telephone and communication skills
• High school diploma or GED
• Must be able to work well with the public and provide excellent customer service
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a potentially stressful environment
• Ability to apply common sense understanding when carrying out detailed written or oral instructions
• Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective, professional relationships with patients, providers, coworkers, and superiors
• Possess knowledge of modern office equipment, Microsoft Office software programs, and medical practice management systems (scheduling, registration and charge entry)
• Must be able to quickly learn to use eClinicalWorks electronic health record system
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but not required - applicants who may serve in a translating capacity will be required to take a language assessment
• Background check, drug screen, and E-Verify required for all positions